For my time here in Singapore, I have a bucket list of things I want to do before I leave. As I do each, I’ll mark them as complete!
(DONE!!!) 1. Take a picture with every Merlion statue in Singapore.
(ongoing) 2. Try all the foods on the “30 Foods to Eat in Singapore Before You Die” list.
(ongoing) 3. Try as many Singaporean drinks as I can (aim for at least 15 drinks).
- Drink kopi in a bag (done!)
(complete) 4. Take a weekend trip to another country in SE Asia.
(complete) 5. Go cycling in Pulau Ubin.
(complete) 6. Go through the Ten Courts of Hell in Haw Par Villa.
(complete) 7. See a concert at the Esplanade, aka durian building.
(complete) 8. Visit the Night Safari.
(complete) 9. Visit the National Library.
(complete) 11. Visit the southernmost tip of Asia (in Sentosa).
(all of them done!!) 12. Visit the national heritage museums + other interesting museums.
- ArtScience Museum (done!)
- Asian Civilisations Museum (done!)
- Changi Museum (done!)
- Chinatown Heritage Centre (done!)
- Indian Heritage Centre (done!)
- Malay Heritage Centre (done!)
- National Museum of Singapore (done!)
- National Gallery (done!)
- Peranakan Museum (done!)
- Philatelic Museum (done!)
- Singapore Art Museum (done!)
(complete) 14. View Singaporean landmarks from a Singaporean landmark- the Singapore Flyer.
(complete) 16. FINALLY explore the Cloud Forest and Flower Dome.
- I wanted to do this 3 years ago, but didn’t have the chance to…even though we stayed at Marina Bay Sands, which is basically right next to Gardens by the Bay
(complete) 18. Visit Jurong Bird Park.
(complete) 20. Visit the dragon playground in Toa Payoh.
(got an ENGIN one) 22. Buy an NUS sweatshirt.
(tired but worth it) 23. Visit Mustafa at midnight (heh the alliteration).
Click on the “complete” and “done!” links to read about when/what I did for each thing on the bucket list!